Strong fishy smell after sex
I often experience a strong unpleasant fish like smell from my vagina after sex with very little discharge. The smell is not as noticeable when we don’t have sex. What could be the cause of this?
Bacterial infections can cause vaginal odors
Given the described symptoms it is possible that you have a vaginal infection known as bacterial vaginosis. Bacterial vaginosis is a condition where a reduction in the acidity in the vagina leads to an increase in the growth of infective bacteria. Bacterial vaginosis affects roughly 10 to 20 percent of women and is important to treat as it can increase the risk of pre cancerous changes occurring in the neck of the womb or cervix. Pregnant women who suffer from bacterial vaginosis have an increased risk having premature babies.
Bacterial vaginosis is often treated with a metronidazole antibiotic however patients should consult their doctors before treatment.
- what could be wrong with me if i have a bleeding rash on my vagina?
- what causes urethral infection?
- big fluid filled sack on inner vaginal lip
- How to prevent recurring bacterial vaginosis?
- HIV and bacterial vaginosis risk?
- Is bacterial vaginosis a STD?
- Strong fishy smell after sex