Are there other treatments for psoriasis besides time consuming creams?
I find that it takes a long time to apply the cream that i was prescribed to treat my psoriasis. Are there any other methods of treating psoriasis that take less time?
Creams, emollients and ointments most effective for treating psoriasis
The use of creams, emollients and ointments remain the most effective ways to mitigate symptoms of psoriasis.
Other helpful ways to reduce the symptoms of psoriasis include:
- drinking plenty of water
- avoid consuming alcohol
- take a daily multivitamin
- consuming plenty of selenium - mineral found in tomatoes, broccoli, seafood and chicken (effective against psoriasis of the scalp)
- UV light treatment
- is aloe vera good or recommended for psoriasis
- what are the red itchy bumps all over my body?
- Are there other treatments for psoriasis besides time consuming creams?
- Can stress and anxiety cause psoriasis or make the symptoms worse?
- Any non-medical creams available to relieve symptoms of psoriasis?
- Should certain foods be avoided to prevent psoriasis from worsening?