Erectile Dysfunction Articles
What are the causes of erectile dysfunction ED?
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction ED
To understand more about the possible causes of erectile dysfunction (ED) it is useful to know how erections occur.
When you become sexually aroused, your brain sends signals to the nerves in your penis. The nerves increase the blood flow to your penis, causing the tissue to expand and harden. Therefore, anything that interferes with your nervous system, or the circulation of your blood, can potentially lead to ED.
Psychological factors, such as stress, or depression, can also reduce your libido (your interest in sex) making it harder for your brain to trigger an erection. Changes in hormonal levels can also affect your libido.
Other causes of erectile dysfunction
Other possible causes of ED include:
- Using illegal drugs, such as cannabis, or cocaine.
Sometimes, cycling can also be a cause of ED. People who spend more than three hours a week cycling may experience ED due to the saddle placing pressure on the nerves in their penis.
To see more erectile dysfunction information go to these related articles:
- Link between impotence and diabetes?
- High blood pressure and impotence.
- Viagra for diabetes erectile dysfunction
- Hypertension and Impotence medication together?
- Link between smoking and impotence?
- Pain killers and impotence?
- Bicycle riding and impotence